Sunday, September 14, 2008

In IKE's wake...



Well...Ike was sure fun, but now I'd really love to get back to something that resembles normal. I fled Houston on Saturday afternoon with both kids. Leaving Andy and the dog behind, we headed to my Aunt 's house in Austin.
My house is missing siding on one side of it and we lost several large tree limbs, but aside from that we did pretty well. However, the city is not in as good a shape. Still no power after two days and many don't have water (although Andy reports that ours is back on now, just can't drink it).
We are staying in Austin until the power retunrs to our house. The mayor has said that it could be days or weeks...we really have no clue....please pray for sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh goodness. I will be praying for much sooner. I know somebody in League City and it will take 1-2 months. Yikes!! Thanks for having Heidi call me with an update.